The British Dressage Pony Selectors Nikki Herbert and Leanne Wall released a list of eight riders as their long list in contention for one of four places on the British squad for the 2019 Pony European Championships in Strzegom, Poland, on 14-18 August 2019.
Pony and rider combinations listed are those from which the Team/or Individuals and Reserves are likely to be selected, but others may be considered for selection if they reach the requirements set out in the Selection Policy.
The Pony shortlist will be announced following Hagen CDIOP/CDIP during the week commencing 17 June.
The British Long List for the 2019 European Pony Championships includes:
British Pony Long List:
- Bonneville Bourne (16) - Fin C We (16yrs, by Famos x Eiger III)
- Holly Kerslake (15) - Valhallas Zorro (10yrs, by Valhallas Lord Matrafal x Fjordglimts Sir Johnson)
- Lily Laughton (15) - Steendieks Cadillac (8yrs, by FS Chambertin)
- Isobel Lickley (14) - Mister Snowman (13yrs, by The Braes My Mobility x Llanarth Most Triton)
- Annabella Pidgley (14) - Cognac IX (11yrs, by FS Chambertin x Waldemar) and Ine (12yrs, by Constantin x Handryk)
- Steffi Tomlinson (15) - Vivassa (12yrs, by Vivaldi)
- Hermione Tottman (15) - Brasil (12yrs, by Sandokkans Leonardo x Orchard Davranches)
- Olivia Whitelaw (15) - Brouwershaven’s Viceroy (10yrs, by Jurjen H)
Photo © Astrid Appels
Halsall and Fielder Named British Pony and Junior/Young Rider Team Trainers
British Short List for 2018 European Pony Championships Announced
British Prime and Progress Youth Squads Announced for 2018-2019
Darryl Thickitt Resigns as British Pony Team Trainer Effective Immediately