British Dressage pony selectors David Trott, Andrew Harris and Sue McMahon announced th short list for the 2018 European Pony Championships at Bishop Burton, Yorkshire, 7 – 12 August 2018.
Following the riders most recent performances, in particular at the 2018 CDIO-PJYR Hagen "Future Champions" in Germany, the selectors narrowed down the long list of 9 combinations to a short list of seven pairs from which the team of four will eventually be picked.
The short listed riders are:
- Megan Barratt (16) - Valido’s Starlight (14yrs, by Valido x Capri Moon)
- Lilah Gibbs (16) - Non Plus Ultra (10yrs, by Noir de Luxe x Nico the Champ)
- Holly Kerslake (14)- Valhallas Zorro (9yrs, by Valhallas Lord Matrafal x Fjordglimts Sir Johnson)
- Isobel Lickley (13) - Gigolo (20yrs, by Going East) and Valido’s Sunshine (15yrs, by Valido)
- Annabella Pidgley (13) - Cognac (10yrs, by Chambertin x Waldemar) and Ine (11yrs, by Constantin x Handryk)
- Sophie Taylor (15) - George Clooney BS (7yrs, by Caesar)
- Olivia Wrennall (15) - Donna Schuflo (10yrs, by Don Schufro x Florett AS)
The shortlisted combinations will head to Bishop Burton for a weekend training camp with team coach Clive Halsall on 30 June and 1 July. The Pony Team and reserves will be announced the following week.
Photo © Astrid Appels
British Long List for 2018 European Pony Championships
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2018 European Pony Championships