For Ferrero (by For Romance x Don Crusador) became the winner of the 2017 KWPN Autumn Stallion Performance Test which concluded in Ermelo, The Netherlands, on 25 November 2017.
Out of the 14 stallions that began the 50-day autumn testing only seven concluded the testing with a sufficient score and are now accepted to breed for the KWPN society.
For Ferrero, who began the testing as Ferrero VDB, is bred in Belgium by Els Cooremans and is owned by Stal van de Sande and Gunther Nelis. Bred on entirely German lines, the For Romance x Don Crusador x Wolkenstein II scored 85 points. He got a 9 for walk, 8 for trot, and 8.5 for canter, suppleness, self carraige, rideability and dressage potential.
The second highest scoring stallion was Joyride (by Ampere x Jazz), bred by De Engelse Hoeve and owned by the Spanish duo Petit and Gallardo. He scored 84 points with an 8 for trot and an 8.5 for walk, canter, suppleness, self carriage, rideability and dressage potential.
Six of the seven successfully tested stallions have been renamed, supposedly to avoid name-conflict, but in fact disrespecting the choice of the breeder.
The approved stallions after the 2017 autumn testing are:
- For Ferrero (For Romance x Don Crusador, previously named Ferrero VDB) - 85 points
- Joyride (Ampère x Jazz)– 84 points
- Jones (Negro x Krack C, previously named Jaxon) - 83,5 points
- Jerenzo Texel (Enzo Ferrari x Jazz, previously named Jacky Ickx Texel) – 83,5 points
- Jarville (Ferdeaux x Jazz, previously named Jumeaux SV) - 83,5 points
- Jersey (Vivaldi x Ferro, previously named Jerez) – 82,5 points
- Johnny Cash (Bon Bravour x Flemmingh, previously named Jupiter) – 78 points
Photo © Digishots
Three Stallions Drop Out 2017 KWPN Autumn Stallion Performance Testing
Imposant W Passes 2017 KWPN Autumn Stallion Performance Test
Fourteen Colts Begin 2017 KWPN Autumn Stallion Performance Testing
Twenty Colts Entered for 2017 KWPN Autumn Stallion Performance Testing