Norwegian team trainer Thomas Dolleris Larsen and the Norwegian Equestrian Federation have announced the teams that will represent Norway at the 2014 European Junior and Young Riders Championships in Arezzo, Italy, on 11 - 15 July 2014. Last weekend the final Norwegian national selection trial took place in Borge, Norway.
Four junior riders and three young riders have been selected on the team. "The Young Riders team for the European championships still has one spot open for an additional rider until Tuesday 10 June 2014," Larsen told Eurodressage.
The Junior Riders team includes:
- Alexandra Andresen - Belamour
- Carina Brynildsen - Shiraz Black
- Amalie Haug Magnussen - Ravell’s Hercules
- Mathilde Nilseng Mellerud - River Dance II
- Reserver 1: Marthe Rohberg - Worsteiner
- Reserve 2: Carina Nordmarken - Sir Apollo
The Young Riders team includes:
- Astrid Karen Westberg Rikheim - Cartier
- Caroline Steiner Jensen - Develino
- Madeline Hammerstad - Højmarks Afrodite
These teams will have a test run with a few additional riders and reserve riders at the 2014 Nordic Baltic Championships in Kristiansand at the end of June.
Photo © Astrid Appels
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2014 European Junior/Young Riders Championships
Five Norwegian Riders Pre-Selected for 2014 European Junior/Young Riders Championships
Norwegian Young Riders Team Horse Zidana Arkide Passed Away
Wim Ernes to Train Norwegian Team Listed Riders via Clinics in 2014