The Australian Dressage High Performance Panel is seeking a suitably qualified Dressage coach to undertake the role of the ‘Dressage Scholarship Coach’ in the High Performance Program.
This will be a two-year appointment commencing in early 2010.
The role of the scholarship coach will be:-
- Attend and assist with National Squad Clinics in AUS with the National Trainer
- Attend and assist with National Development Clinics States as designated by the High Performance Manager (HPM)
- Undertake training as required to develop administrative skills · Assist in the management of the Youth Development Program
- Continue to undertake training required to develop skills as a Dressage coach
- Attend and assist National Trainers at major competitions as directed by the HPP through the HPM
Should the HP Program be successful with their application to the Australian Sports Commission (ASC) for a ASC Coaching Scholarship, the successful applicant will be required to meet the conditions of this scholarship (Previous scholarship coaches have been Sam Lyle & Prue Barrett). Information on the ASC scholarship coach program ishere
While the HPP accept that many of our leading riders are also some of our best credentialed coaches, due to the nature and requirements of the ASC scholarship, riders who are current members of National Squads will not be considered. At this point of time, the HPP are primarily seeking coaches who are committed to a career in coaching.
As applications for the scholarship coach to the ASC need to be confirmed by the end of September, applications for this position will close on 20 September 2009. Applications should be made the Brett Mace, High Performance Manager via email email@example.com. All applicants must hold at least a current NCAS Level 1 Coaching Accreditation and be a current member of Equestrian Australia.
For further information, please call Brett Mace on 02 8762 7777 (office), 0412 174 257 (mobile) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2009 Australian Dressage Squads Announced