The 4-year old Nobre Saramunheiro, the 5-year old Bambina Plus, the 6-year old Dillinger, and the 7-year old Java Da Hermida became the winners of the 2021 Portuguese Young Horse Championships on 15 - 17 October 2021.
The National young horse championships took place at the national stud Alter Real in Alter do Chao, Portugal, where also the Nationals were set for all divisions from pony to Grand Prix
The 4-year old division was the biggest of all young horses classes with 12 pairs at the starting line. Nuno Chaves de Almeida was the undefeated winner aboard the Lusitano bred Nobre Saramunheiro (by Dragao x Mandador). They won both rounds with 76.369 and 84.800 points. Mario Eusebio Freire made a make leap on the board to finish in silver medal position with Roberto Brasil's German bred So Prime (by Sir Heinrich). After posting 72.738% in the first round, they leapt to an 84.200 in the finals round and finished second overall. The bronze was for Manuel Vacas de Carvalho aboard Nogá (by Rubi) who also improved considerably in round two, going from 74.226 to 82.000 to finish third overall.
Just five pairs contested the 5-year old division, which was won by Sarah Nobre dos Santos aboard her own German registered Bambina Plus (by Brettoin Woods). The combination posted two winning rounds of 80.200 and 82.600 points for the gold. Coralie Baldrey and the Lusitano stallion Maestro da Ferraria (by Escorial x Xaquiro) landed silver with 79.000 and 81.400 points. Former young rider Yoann Pinto made his come back on last year's 4-year old champion after an injury and rode the Oldenburg bred Rolex DP (by Radisson x Domani Vengo) to bronze with 78.000 and 79.400 points.
The 6-year old division featured six pairs but only four were able to complete two rounds. Last year's 5-year old champions Joao Faustino and Joao Sousa Faustino and Steffi Neumann's Hanoverian gelding Dillinger (by Diacontinus x Sion) recaptured the title, producing two consistent rounds that brought him the title. He won both rounds with 75.200 and 77.400 points. Joao Galego Cardiga and the Lusitano Lorus (by Rubi) settled for silver with 73.800 and 74.200, whole Joao Embaixador and the Lusitano Lancelot do Monte (by Campeador) had to battle it out with Luis Fernandes' Lavrador (by Rico) breathing down their neck. Lancelot for bronze with 69.400 and 72.600 points.
In the 7-year old age category last year's 6-year old reserve champions Vasco Mira Godinho and the Lusitano Java da Hermida (by Carrico x Soberano) now surfaced at the top of the board with 70.886% and 75.814% and grabbed the gold. Pedro Garrido and the Lusitano Jockey (by Coronel x Rubi) followed in the distance in second place with 70.371% and 68.143%, while the bronze was for Ricardo Ramalho aboard Lusitano Jinjebre (by Jacare II x Nabuco). This is the second bronze medal in a row for Jinjebre, who now posted 66.800 and 69.229%. Only five pairs competed in the 7-year old division and two of those weren't able to complete both rounds.
Photos © Rui Pedro Godinho
Results - 2021 Portuguese Young Horse Championships - Alter do Chao
- 1. Nuno Chaves De Almeida - Nobre Saramunheiro 76,369 84,800 --- 161.169
- 2. Mário João Eusébio Freire - So Prime 72,738 84,200 --- 156.938
- 3. Manuel De Carvalho - Nogá 74,226 82,000 --- 156.226
- 4. Yara Do Amaral Fernandes - Omero Hi 73,274 80,800 --- 154.074
- 5. Natascha Djemlea Guth - Nebukadnezar 73,631 79,600 --- 153.231
- 6. Tiago Albergaria Duarte - Noa (Ae) 74,643 73,600 --- 148.243
- 7. Gonçalo Diabinho - Nairobi 71,548 69,200 --- 140.748
- 8. Pedro Vinagre Nalha - Nespresso 64,940 75,000 --- 139.94
- 9. Francisco Vila Nova - Ilsa Aurelia 67,083 72,100 --- 139.183
- 10. David Amorim - Niquel 65,119 72,000 --- 137.119
- 11. Fabio Silva - Napoles Do Monte 65,417 67,400 --- 132.817
- Patrícia Isabel Monteiro Palmeiro - Nasibo Santa Marta - ELI
- 1. Sarah Nobre Dos Santos - Bambina Plus 80,200 82,600 --- 162.8
- 2. Coralie Baldrey - Maestro Da Ferraria 79,000 81,400 --- 160.4
- 3. Yoann Pinto - Rollex Dp 78,000 79,400 --- 157.4
- 4. Manuel Vacas De Carvalho - Missanga 74,000 76,600 --- 150.6
- 5. Marcelo André Cruz Silva - Migalha Mc 71,400 70,200 --- 141.6
- 1. João Faustino - Dillinger 5 75,200 77,400 --- 152.6
- 2. Joao Galego Cardiga - Lorus 73,800 74,200 --- 148
- 3. João Embaixador - Lancelot Do Monte 69,400 72,600 --- 142
- 4. Luis Fernandes - Lavrador 74,600 66,800 --- 141.4
- Jorge Cameira Santos - Latino 66,000 Rt --- ELI
- Gonçalo Sampaio - Leste D' Atela El Rt --- ELI
- 1. Vasco Mira Godinho - Java Da Hermida 70,886 75,814 --- 146.7
- 2. Pedro Garrido - Jockey 70,371 68,143 --- 138.514
- 3. Ricardo Ramalho - Jenjibre 66,800 69,229 --- 136.029
- Mateus Sousa Abecassis - Firefly 66,879 RET --- ELI
- Pedro Vinagre Nalha - Jivago RET RET --- ELI
Rolex DP, Dillinger, Jasmim Plus, Imperador dos Cedros, Ferrolho Win 2020 Portuguese Young Horse Championships
Heroi, Gladiator, Furia Sernandinha, El Romana Win 2016 Portuguese Young Horse Championships
Two Lusitanos Flagbearer For Their Breed to 2020 World Young Horse Championships