After a very busy spring and summer show circuit in which Canadian riders had to achieve their qualification scores, the Canadian equestrian federation has announced the nominated team riders for the 2023 Pan American Games.
The Pan Ams will take place in Santiago, Chile, on 20 - 25 October 2023. The Games are an important team selection trial for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games. Two nations will obtain a team slot in Santiago. The U.S.A. is already qualified through the 2022 World Championships so Canada and Brazil seem to be the most likely contestants for that team slot.
As mixed teams of small and big tour combinations are still allowed at the Pan American Games, the rule states that a Pan Am team needs to have at least two Grand Prix riders if it wants to qualify for Paris.
The Canadian nominations are still subject to approval by COC Team Selection committee, but it is unlikely that they will deny the recommendation of the NF.
The Canadian team will include:
- Naima Moreira Laliberté on Statesman, a 16-year old Hanoverian by Sandro Hit x Brentano II
- Mathilde Blais Tétreault on Fedor, a 13-year old Dutch warmblood by Johnson x Negro
- Camille Carier-Bergeron on Sound of Silence, a 15-year old Westfalian by San Amour x Limes
- Beatrice Boucher on Summerwood’s Limei, a 10-year old Hanoverian by Londonderry x Weltmeyer
The team reserves are:
- Tanya Strasser-Shostak on Fidelis Tyme, a 13-year old Oldenburg by Fit for Fun x Moosbachhof's Peron
- Shannon Dueck on Angelika MW, an 8-year old Oldenburg by Franziskus x Welt Hit II
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2023 Pan American Games
Canadian 2023 Pam Am Team Selection Trials Go into Final Week with CDI Bromont and Calgary