The Swedish Equestrian Federation has held the first observation events for team nomination for the 2018 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses in Ermelo, The Netherlands, scheduled to take place 2 - 5 August 2018.
For Swedish team selection horses have to be Swedish warmblood registered, but can be foreign owned and ridden. Exceptions for non-Swedish born horses are made if its a stallion, Swedish owned and ridden and Swedish licensed, with better qualities than the Swedish registered candidates.
Two observation trials were held in Flyinge on 2 May 2018 and in Mantorp on 9 May 2018. Candidates for team selection could present themselves there in front of selectors Bo Jena and Jan-Ove Olssen for a first time, before the action selection trials start.
The first selection competition takes place in Flyinge on 31 May 2018, followed by a competition in Stromsholm on 6 June 2018. The Finals wioll be held in Falsterbo after which the team is announced.
Participating in the observation events were:
- Michelle Nilsson - Darin
- Marina Mattsson – Notting Hill TH
- Sandra Sterntorp – Darthula VH
- Yvonne Österholm – Diod
- Sara Törnäng – Bel Air
- Johanna Due Boje – Zwingfly
- Britt-Marie H-Ivarsson – Rudolph
- Yvonne Österholm - Dorina
- Linn Larsson – Corona
- Rebecka Knutsson – Zinnia
- Martin Umareus – Lanigro
- Mikaela Alderin Danielsson – Belle
- Camilla Lindh – Klifton
- Sophia Skobe Rosén – Harlem D
- Sanne Nilimaa – Wyoming RAC
- Mikaela Alderin Danielsson – Hilus MHB
- Emelie Brolin – Bergsjöholms Valbonne
- Karin Öljemark – Tiger G
- Mikaela Alderin Danielsson – Saga N
Photo © Anki Karlsson
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2018 World Young Horse Championships