Fredensdal Fifty Cent became the favourite colt of the 2017 Danish warmblood Stallion Licensing in Herning, Denmark, on 8 - 12 March 2017, where 18 dressage colts were approved and 5 were named premium stallion.
The 2017 Danish Warmblood stallion licensing became a big show down between Denmark's two biggest dressage horse owners: Andreas Helgstrand and Blue Hors Stud. The former brought along 13 stallions, the latter brought 8 stallions. Andreas had seven approved, while Blue Hors had five approved, but three of those were actually named premium stallion!
While these two stallion moguls battled it for greatness, it was Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein who ran away with the spotlight as her one colt, Fredensdal Fifty Cent, was the absolute favourite of the week. Fifty Cent is bred by Linda Falensteen and Martin Strande out of dam Geisha (by Donnerball x Michelangelo). Grand dam Ginger produced the licensed Danish stallion Gagarin as well as the 2016 North American and U.S. Junior Riders Champion Greystoke. Zu Sayn-Wittgenstein bought Fifty Cent as a foal at the Danish elite auction for 20.135 euro and sold to horse to Blue Hors last September under the condition that he was approved for breeding.
Forty-four dressage bred stallions were presented for licensing and 18 received a positive verdict and may proceed to the 10-days Stallion Performance Testing, which is mandatory before they can start breeding. In the autumn the colts will also have to do a 35-day testing.
The licensed dressage stallions are:
Premium licensed colts
- Dancetto (by Dancier x Wolkenstein II) - Owned by: Blue Hors - Breeder: Volker von Holten
- Orion (by Don Olymbrio x Solos Landtinus) - Owned by: Nanna Skodborg Merrald - Breeder: Lisbeth B. Andersen
- Fredensdal Fifty Cent (by Franziskus x Donnerball) - Owned by: Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein - Breeder: Linda Falensteen & Martin Strande
- Springbank II (by Skovens Rafael x De Niro) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage - Breeder: Västra Hoby Stuteri
- Overgaard’s Zackerey (by Zack x Sandro Hit) - Owned by: Blue Hors - Breeder: Tove & Ove Møller Nørgaard
- Valløs Dreaming Marong (by Dream Boy x Baccarat xx) - Owner and breeder: June & Mogens Worre-Jensen
- Ferrari (by Enzo Ferrari x Lord Loxley) - Owned by: Katrinelund - Breeder: Heinrich & Nicole Heussen
- Emilio (by Escolar x Lauries Crusador xx) - Owned by: Blue Hors - Breeder: Stefan Holtwiesche
- Florist Enshøj (by Floricello x Midt-West Ibi-Light,) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage & Klaus Fogh - Breeder: Klaus Fogh
- Ferretti (by Funtimex Londonderry) - Owned by: HP Horses - Breeder: Frank & Nicole Pistner
- Liam G (by Londontimex Belissimo M) - Owner and breeder: Helene Geervliet
- Quintana (by Quantensprung x Desperados) - Owned by: Blue Hors - Breeder: Steffen Brunkhorst
- Qaiser (by Quaterhall x Wolkenstein II) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage - Breeder: Bernd Oellrich
- Vesterdams Vevalentino (by Veneziano x Weltjunge) - Owned by: Michelle Snoghøj Mathiesen - Breeder: Erik Faber
- Valverde (by Vitalis x Ampère) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage, Eugene Reesink, Cathrine Rasmussen - Breeder: Reesink
- Quaterhit (by Quatergold x Sandro Hit) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage - Breeder: Landsgestut Neustadt/Dosse
- Jambeau (by Apache x Hitchcock) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage - Breeder: Adri van Erp
- Jack Sparrow (by Expressionx Vivaldi) - Owned by: Helgstrand Dressage - Breeder: Herman Veurink
Not approved in Denmark but still licensed in Germany were Trakehner stallion His Moment (by Millennium), Oldenburg premium stallion Antheros (by Ampere) and South German approved Spotify (by Sezuan x Hotline).
Photo © Ridehesten