After wrapping up the 2011 Spanish Grand Prix Championships, the Spanish international dressage committee began its work for the preparation and support of the team candidates for the 2012 London Olympic Games.
Spanish team trainer Jan Bemelmans has set up an Olympic short list of riders with whom he'll be working together closely.
The Olympic Short List includes:
- Jose Antonio Garcia Mena - Norte (almost recovered from injury)
- Beatriz Ferrer-Salat - Delgado (will make their show come back at the 2011 CDI-W Stuttgart in November)
- Juan Manuel Muñoz - Fuego (strongest Spanish rider at the moment
- Jose Daniel Martin Dockx - Grandioso (2011 Spanish Grand Prix champion)
- Carmen Naesgaard - Ciowa (2011 Spanish reserve Grand Prix champion)
- Morgan Brabançon - Painted Black (show plan to be made in The Netherlands at the end of the month)
- Jordi Domingo - Prestige (show plan to be made in Germany at the end of the month)
The list is in principle a closed list unless there are combinations achieving striking results in 2012. They can join the short list in such case.
The team trainer will be closely following each rider's training plan and level. The team vet will be monitoring the horses' health and a sport psychologist has been assigned to help the riders on the road to London.