The Westfalian Verband announced the qualified riding horses which will represent the Westfalian breed at the 2011 Bundeschampionate in Warendorf, Germany. Based on the horses' results at the Westfalian regional championships, the following horses have been selected.
3-year old - Mares and Geldings
- Sunshine Lady (by Samarant) - Karin Schulze Topphoff
- Downtown Girl (by Don Frederico) - Hermann Burger
- Danny White (by Danone I x White Star) - Tanja Krampe
- For Comtess (by Florenciano x Show Star) - Silke Ottenjann
3-year old - Stallions
- Spirit of Westfalia (by Sandro Hit x Donnerhall) - Karin Schulze Topphoff
4-year old - Mares and geldings
- Damon's Delorange (by Damon Hill x Rubin Royal) - Helen Langehanenberg
- Finja (by Florestan) - Henrike Sommer
- Sungai (by Sorento x Londonderry) - Ann Christin Wienkamp
4-year old - Stallions
- Revolverheld (by Rockwell x Landstreicher) - Ann Christin Wienkamp
- Rocky Lee (by Rock Forever x Justinian xx) - Karin Schulze Topphoff
Reserve horses are the 3-year old stallion Furst Donnerbube (by Furst Piccolo), the 4-year old stallion First Selection (by First Final), the 3-year old gelding Rondnoir (by Riccio x Donnerruf) and the 4-year old gelding Fairy Tale (by Friedensritter).
Also allowed to compete are last year's medal winners Rock for Westfalia (by Rock Forever) and Silbermond (by Sir Donnerhall I).
Twelve Westfalian branded riding horses are eligible to compete at the 2011 Bundeschampionate.
Photo © Maria Burczyk
Back to the 2011 Bundeschampionate index