For the fourth consecutive year, the Astley Academy and the French Equestrian Federation have awarded trophies to those French riders, sponsors and owners who made a significant contribution to the development and promotion of dressage.
In the afternoon French professionals and experts gathered to discuss each of ten winners in total for the 2009 Astley Academy awards. The award ceremony followed in the evening where the winners received their gorgeous crystal trophy at the French Senate, the Palais de Luxembourg, in Paris on 25th November 2009.
Odile Reynaud, chair and founder of the Astley Academy, and Colonel Loic de la Porte du Theil, former stable director of the Cadre Noir in Saumur, were the hosts of the evening.
The 2009 Astley Academy Award Winners are:
- Myriam Victor-Thomas: Breeder's Award for Qwismel D’Hebecourt (by Karamel)
- Michel Guenard: Owner's Award for Mister Grand Champ (by Rohdiamant)
- Jacques Albeck: Grand Prix Owner's Award for Rossini (by Rohdiamant)
- Bruno Lostria: Trainer's Award for Jessica Hel
- Les Ecuries d’Auvers: Organizer's Award
- Jean Christophe Comet: Judge's Award
- Aurélie Savy: Culture Award for the site "la cavalière masquée"
- Alix Van Den Berghe and Othello: Upcoming Combination Award
- Stéphanie Collier and Twister: Grand Prix Combination Award
Photo © Les Garennes