The Von Fircks dressage stable made a power move at the Eckolstädt Bundeschampionate qualifier in Thuringia, Germany, June 20-22, 2008. Johanna von Fircks won the 5-year old Dressage Horse division
, while stable rider Anna Zeppke dominated the 6-year old division aboard a von Fircks' owned horse.
Johanna von Fircks is the daughter of nobleman Freiherr Helmut von Fircks, who owns the breeding stable at one of the most beautiful castles in Germany, Schloss Nymphenburg. They have been breeding and buying dressage horses for many years and daughter Johanna has previously competed at Grand Prix level in the Piaff Forderpreis with Royal Flash.
In Eckolstädt, von Fircks won the 5-year old class with Hot Chocolate vF, a Hanoverian gelding by Harvard x Prince Thatch xx. They scored 7.9 and tied on first place with Marion Loew on Wespucci B, a Hanoverian stallion by Wolkentanz I x Amerigo Vespucci xx.
The 6-year old class was won by Anna Zeppke on Rockport vF, an Oldenburg stallion by Relevant x Freiherr, which von Fircks bought at the Vechta elite auction for 25,000 euro. The pair scored a wonderful 8.2 mark. Gerdi Rakelbusch and Wonapalai (by Westernhagen x Rubinstein) placed second with 7.90
5-year old Dressage Horses
- 1. Johanna von Fircks - Hot Chocolate vF - 7.90
- 1. Marion Loew - Wespucci B - 7.90
- 3. Filippa Weil - Tobi - 7.60
- 3. Andrea Hintsche - Fürst Donnerhall - 7.60
- 5. Marion Zimny - Louis Vuitton - 7.50
- 6. Gerdi Rakelbusch - Wianne - 7.00
6-year old Dressage Horses
- 1. Anna Zeppke - Rockport vF - 8.20
- 2. Gerdi Rakelbusch - Wonapalai - 7.90
- 3. Johanna von Fircks - Lord of Lennox vF - 7.50
- 4. Johanna von Fircks - Fiorucci - 7.40