The German Olympic Equestrian Committee (DOKR) has announced the team that will represent Germany at the 2021 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
Two official team selection trials were held: the first the German Dressage Championships in Balve, which was won by Jessica von Bredow-Werndl, and the second this weekend at the CDI Kronberg, where Isabell Werth resurfaced at the top with Bella Rosa.
German team trainer Monica Theodorescu and the dressage selection committee of the DOKR have nominated the team and three reserve riders. Four will fly to Tokyo.
The German team includes:
- Jessica von Bredow-Werndl - TSF Dalera BB
- Dorothee Schneider - Showtime FRH (reserve horse Faustus)
- Isabell Werth - Bella Rose (first reserve Weihegold OLD, second reserve Quantaz)
- Helen Langehanenberg - Annabelle
Two extra reserves that will join the quarantine in Aachen from 6 - 14 July
- Frederic Wandres - Duke of Britain FRH
- Benjamin Werndl - Daily Mirror
Photo © Stefan Lafrentz
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2021 Olympic Games
Scores: 2021 CDI Kronberg
Jessica von Bredow-Werndl Renews German Grand Prix Champion's Title in Balve
German Team Long List for 2021 Olympics and European Championships
2021 German Olympic Dressage Team Selection Via Balve and Kronberg