The 3-year old bay mare Vienna was named champion of the 2015 Westfalian Elite Mare Show held during the 2015 Westfalian Horse days in Munster-Handorf, on 31 July 2015.
Eight mares in total were selected for the champion's ring and the committee placed Vienna at the top. The bay mare is bred and owned by Jürgen Bunge and is by Vitalis out of the Verband premium mare Fatima (by Florestan).
The reserve champion is the chestnut Bella Marie B (by Bordeaux x Fidermark), bred and owned by Reiner Bockholt. The third ranked mare is Brentwood, a bay Belarus x Florestan offspring, bred and owned by Walter Droege.
The selection committee assessing the mares, of which the majority is 3 years of age and only a few 4-year olds, includes Wolfgang Luge, Susanne Schmitt-Rimkus, Wilhelm Holkenbrink, Wilken Treu and Wilhelm Weerda.
The champion ring included:
- 1. Vienna (by Vitalis x Florestan) - Jurgen Bunge
- 2. Bella Marie B (by Bordeaux x Fidermark) - Reiner Bockholt
- 3. Brentwood (by Belarus x Florestan) - Walter Droege
- 4. Frankie (by Franziskus x Landstreicher) - Emma Jane Blundell, UK
- 5. Salsa d'Amour (by Sir Heinrich x Donnerruf) - Dr. Jurgen Bornhorst
- 6. Viktoria (by Vitalis x Florestan) - Hubertus Hummelt
- 7. Furstin Frieda B (by Furstenball x Rubinstein) - Agnes Beckhoff
- 8. Diva Dewein (by De Koonig x Farewell III) - Heinrich Ramsbrock
Photo © LL-photo
Rhianna, Champion of the 2014 Westfalian Elite Mare Show
Dimma, Champion of the 2012 Westfalian Elite Mare Show in Handorf
Florenciana F Named 2011 Westfalian Elite Mare Champion in Munster-Handorf