Following a second out of three team selection trials, the Belgian Equestrian Federation has published the short list of horses, who are eligible to move on to the third and final qualifier for the 2019 World Young Horse Championships in Ermelo.
The first observation trial took place at De Cavalerie in Heist-op-den-Berg on 25 - 26 May 2019 and foreign judges Hans Voser and Patrick Collard as well as Belgian judge Freddy Leyman served as selectors.
A long list of 23 horses moved on to the second trial at Chevalerie in St-Genesius-Rode on 15 - 16 June 2019, where judges Isobel Wessels, Patrick Collard and Olivier Smeets reduced the group to a short list of 10 horses.
- Verreet Katrien - Oblix vd Kempenhoeve (by Quaterback x Sungold)
- Franckx Tom - Javea (by Bon bravour x Krack C)
- Smets Katia - Jack Sparrow D.E. (by Desperado x Negro)
- Van Laer Nick - Conan (by Apache x Sir Donnerhall)
- Müller-Kersten Andrea - Di Magic (by Del Magico x Canaster )
- Franckx Tom - Quanto curo vh bloemenhof (by Quotenkoning x Weltino)
- De Winne Flore - Mac Donovan (by Sir Donovan x Cantos)
- Pauluis Larissa - Valentin (by Vitalis x Fidermark)
- Swagemakers Veronique - Horton (by Charmeur x Don Schufro)
- Muller-Kersten Andrea - Belaggio (by Bellissimo M x Ehrentanz)
Belgium is eligible to send two horses per age category. The third and last trial is on 29 June 2019 in St-Niklaas and the selectors will be Ulf Möller, Christof Umbach and Freddy Leyman.
Belgian Long-Listed Horses for the 2019 World Young Horse Championships
Belgian Equestrian Federation Changes World Young Horse Championship Selection Process
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2019 World Young Horse Championships