The Dutch equestrian federation and KWPN society announced the horse-and-rider combinations which have qualified to represent The Netherlands on home turf at the 2016 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses in Ermelo, The Netherlands, on 29 - 31 July 2016.
The Dutch federation and KWPN society held a series of training and observation trials which culminated into a long list of pairs that qualified to compete at the 2016 Dutch Championships in Ermelo on 15 - 17 July, where a semi-finals and finals was held for these young horses.
Based on the results achieved in the competition tests in those two rounds, the following combinations qualified to represent Holland at the World Championships. These combinations are:
- Governor (by Totilas) – Adelinde Cornelissen
- Great Lady TC (by Bretton Woods) – Jeanine Nieuwenhuis
- Guadeloupe-Beau (by Bordeaux) – Kim van de Velden – van de Muren
- Glamourdale (by Lord Leatherdale) – Benjamin Maljaars
- Grand Galaxy Win (by Apache) – Severo Jurado Lopez
- Gunner KS (by Belissimo M) – Dana van Lierop
- Flanell (by Apache) – Veronique Roerink
- Ferdinand (by Vivaldi) – Mirelle van Kemenade-Witlox
- Ferrero (by Rhodium) – Jennifer Sekreve
- Four Legends (by Wynton) – Marieke van der Putten
- Fossbury (by Ampere) – Carlijn Vaessen
- Five Star (by Amazing Star) – Kirsten Brouwer
- Electra (by Jazz) – Lynne Maas
- Elysias (by Jazz) – Karen Nijvelt
- Eastpoint (by Wespoint) – Lynne Maas
- Equirelle (by Florett As) – Kyra Klinkers
- Eddieni (by Johnson) – Agusti Elias
- Ebony (by Painted Black) – Vai Bruntink
Holland and Germany are the only two countries in the world who are allowed to select no less than six combinations per age division for the World Championships. The WBFSH decided on this quotum based on the size of the studbooks in those countries.
Photo © Anniek van Schaik
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2016 World Young Horse Championships