Equestrian Australian, the Australian Equestrian Federation, has released the updated list of combination rankings for long list 2014 World Equestrian Games' selection.
As per the 2014 World Equestrian Games selection policy for dressage, one Australian based combination will gain automatic selection to the ‘WEG long list’. This list will consist of eight combinations from which Australia’s dressage team for WEG will be chosen.
In order to be eligible for this position, combinations will need to compete in the Grand Prix class at three of the following four events:
- 2013 Australian Dressage Championships CDI-W
- 2013 questrian Grand Final CDI-W at EQUITANA
- 2013 Victorian Dressage Festival CDI-W
- 2014 Boneo Park CDI-W
Automatic selection to the 'WEG long list' will be granted to the combination which has achieved the best average score taken from their three strongest results at the above events.
The current ranking following the 2013 Victoria Dressage Festival CDI-W includes:
- 1. Maree Tomkinson - Diamantina - average score: 68.93
- 2. Sheridyn Ashwood - Prestige - 68.00
- 3. Rozzie Ryan - GV Bullwinkle - 67.70
- 4. Caroline Wagner - Tango V - 67.01
- 5. Heath Ryan - Regardez Moi - 66.61
- 6. Sue Hearn - Remington - 66.45
- 7. Mary Hanna - Sancette - 66.34
- 8. Anjanette Harten - UGQ Alladin - 66.32
- 9. Heath Ryan - Utopian Cardinal - 65.50
- 10. Chantal Wigan - Ferero - 63.93
- 11. Jeremy Janjic - Django of Cacharel - 62.06
Photo © Franz Venhaus