Based on recent achievements in the competition arenas at national and international level, the French Equestrian Federation announced an updated list of the squad listed Grand Prix riders.
The Grand Prix A- and B-squad are named Group 1 and 2 in France. From Group 1 the actual team riders will be selected for this year's competitive goal: the 2019 European Championships in Rotterdam, where Olympic team qualification for Tokyo can be achieved.
To be submitted to the A-squad (Group 1), riders have to score more than 70% three times at a national Grand Prix of CDI 3* of which one show has to be at least abroad. The results have to be achieved in a period of 12 months and the most recent score can not be older than six months. For Group 2 riders have to achieve three times 68% or once 70% on the same competitions and in same conditions. Only group 1 listed riders can compete in CDI 4/5*, CDIO, CDI-W.
The national shows were squad scores can be achieved is a special Grand Prix circuit in France with seven legs: Le mans, Jardy, Cluny, Vierzon (national championship), Compiègne, Mâcon, and Saint-Lo.
The updated April list of the 2019 French Grand Prix squads includes
- Morgan Barbançon Mestre - Sir Donnerhall II
- Stephanie Brieussel - Amorak
- Alexandre Ayache - Zo What
- Morgan Barbançon Mestre - Bolero
- Charlotte Chalvignac - Lights of Londonderry
- Nicole Favereau - Ginsengue
- Bertrand Liegard - Star Wars
- Philippe Limousin - Rock 'n Roll Star
- Anne Sophie Serre - Vistoso de Massa
- Arnaud Serre - Ultrableu de Massa
- Jean Philippe Siat - Lovesong
Photo © Astrid Appels