The FEI Dressage Committee has decided to expand the Western European League World Cup circuit for 2018-2019 with two new qualifiers: Madrid and Mechelen.
The 2018-2019 World Cup calendar in Europe will have 10 qualifiers with a more international, geographical spread, now also including Spain instead of concentrating on the more northern located Western European power nations.
The CDI Mechelen was kicked out of the World Cup circuit in 2012, much to the disgruntlement and upset of Mechelen show organizer Peter Bollen, who is also managing director of Cavalor, one of the largest horse feed companies in Europe.
The FEI has now backpaddled and put Mechelen Christmas show back on World Cup list.
The 2018-2019 Western European League World Cup calendar includes:
- Herning (DEN) - 17 - 21 October 2018
- Lyon (FRA) - 31 October - 4 November 2018
- Stuttgart (GER) - 14 - 18 November 2018
- Madrid (ESP) - 22 - 25 November 2018
- Salzburg Arena Messezentrum (AUT) - 5 - 9 December 2018
- London Olympia (GBR) - 17 - 18 December 2018
- Mechelen (BEL) - 27 - 30 December 2018
- Amsterdam (NED) - 24 - 27 January 2019
- Neumünster (GER) - 14 - 17 February 2019
- ‘s-Hertogenbosch (NED) - 14 - 17 March 2019
The 2019 World Cup Finals will be held in Gothenburg, Sweden on 3 - 7 April 2019.
Photo © Dirk Caremans
Beatriz Ferrer-Salat Home Side Hero at 2017 CDI Madrid
2016 CDI Mechelen Loses 5* Status
Mechelen Gears Up for Last World Dressage Masters of the Year 2015
Mechelen Loses 2012 World Cup Dressage Qualifier