The liver chestnut Ballerina (by Belarus x Florestan) was named the champion of the 2016 Westfalian Elite Mare Show in Munster-Handorf, Germany, on 29 July 2016.
Ballerina is by Belarus out of Franziska (by Floresta) and is bred and owned by Walter Droege.
Eight dressage bred mares were invited to the champion's ring to battle for the overall title.
Bella Diva (by Brisbane x De Niro) was named the reserve champion. The chestnut mare is bred by Marlies Brakemper and owned by stallion owner Mathieu Beckmann.
The dark bay Di-Lara (by Damsey x Furst Piccolo), bred and owned by Sabine Ludwichowski, finished third in the champion's ring.
Results - 2016 Westfalian Elite Mare Show - Champion's Ring
- 1. Ballerina (by Belarus x Franziska) - Walter Droege
- 2. Bella Diva (by Brisbane x De Niro) - Mathieu Beckmann
- 3. Di-Lara (by Damsey x Furst Piccolo) - Sabine Ludwichowski
- 4. Ekantara (by Ehrenstolz x Laurentianer) - Josef & Christiane Ulmker
- 5. Rosenstolz (by Rational x Furst Piccolo) - Hubertus Hummelt
- 6. Blandina (by Belissimo M x Fidermark) - Beckmann & Torweihen
- 7. Freudentänzerin (by Foundation x Rosenkavalier) - Marion Sasse
- 8. Stella (by Sir Heinrich x Don Bedo) - Klaus & Sandra Pulte
Photo © LL-photo
Vienna, Champion of the 2015 Westfalian Elite Mare Show
Rhianna, Champion of the 2014 Westfalian Elite Mare Show
Dimma, Champion of the 2012 Westfalian Elite Mare Show in Handorf
Florenciana F Named 2011 Westfalian Elite Mare Champion in Munster-Handorf