Eighteen stallions of which nine are dressage bred were approved for breeding at the 2016 Hanoverian Stallion Approval for older sires in Verden, Germany, on Tuesday 12 January 2016.
Quite a few familiar faces made their appearance in Verden for Hanoverian approval, including Bundeschampionate Furst William HC (by Furst Wilhelm x Lord Sinclair), Bundeschampionate finalist Dominy (by Diamond Hit x Pour Plaisir), and two of Blue Hors stud's Oldenburg licensed stalliosn Zalabaster (by Zack x Alabaster) and Veneziano (by Vivaldi x Donnerhall).
The Hanoverian licensed committee refused to approve Norbert Timm and Roswita Beckmann's Trakehner licensed stallion Vapiano (by Kentucky x Easy Game).
The approved stallions are:
- Damon (by Damon Hill x Loutano) - Owner: Holsteiner Verband
- Denoix (by Destano x Pik Noir) - Owner: Niedersächsisches Landgestüt Celle
- Dominy (by Diamond Hit x Pour Plaisir) - Owner: Dressurpferde Leistungszentrum Lodbergen
- Duvalier (by Don Juan de Hus x Belissimo M) - Owner: Stefan Holtwiesche
- Fürst William (by Fürst Wilhelm x Lord Sinclair) - Owner: HC Stables
- Rey du Sol (by Roi du Soleil x Stedinger) - Owner: Cristina Khamiloudin
- Top Gear (by Totilas x Don Frederico) - Owner: Paul Schockemöhle
- Zalabaster (by Zack x Alabster) - Owner: Blue Hors
- Veneziano (by Vivaldi x Donnerhall) - Owner: Blue Hors
Photos © LL-foto
Sixteen Stallions Accepted at 2015 Hanoverian Stallion Approval
Five Dressage Colts Accepted at 2014 Hanoverian Stallion Approval
Six Stallions Accepted at 2014 Hanoverian Stallion Approval
Fourteen Stallions Accepted at 2013 Hanoverian Stallion Approval