The ten finalists for the 2014 German Developing Grand Prix Horse Championships, to be held at the indoor competition in Frankfurt, Germany on 18 - 21 December 2014, are known. The German Young Grand Prix horse circuit is know as the Louisdor Prize and five qualifiers were held during the 2014 outdoor show circuit. The two top ranked horses per show qualified for the Frankfurt finals.
The 2014 Louisdor Prize circuit included qualifiers in Hagen, Munich, Perl, Heroldsberg and Donaueschingen. Horses aged between 8 and 10 are eligible to compete on the circuit.
The 2014 finalists are:
- Beatrice Buchwald - Weihegold (9, OLD by Don Schufro x Sandro Hit)
- Juliane Brunkhorst - Furstano (9, HANN by Furst Heinrich x Brentano II)
- Jan Dirk Giesselmann - Real Dancer (10, HANN by Rubon Royal x De Niro)
- Jessica von Bredow Werndl - Zaire (10, KWPN by Son de Niro x Jazz)
- Hedda Droege - Donatella (9, WEST by De Koonig x Rubinstein)
- Ann Kristin Dornbracht - Don Malecon (10, HANN by Don Frederico x Weltmeyer)
- Isabell Werth - Laurenti (10, OLD by Laurentio x Walldorf)
- Fabienne Lutkemeier - Sole Mio (10, WESTF by Show Star x Lamoureux II)
- Oliver Oelrich - Doktor Schiwago (10, HANN by Don Frederico x Weltruhm)
- Victoria Michalke - Wasabi (9, OLD by Welt Hit IV x Lancer I)
Previous Louisdor cup winners are Floresco (2007 - Patrik Kittel), Carabas (2008 - Oliver Luze), Dablino (2009 - Anabel Balkenhol), El Santo (2010 - Isabell Werth), Diva Royal (2011 - Dorothee Schneider), Very Keen (2012 - Thomas Wagner), and Balmoral W (2013 - Brigitte Wittig).
Photo © Astrid Appels