Sankt Erik II was proclaimed the champion of the 2013 Swedish Warmblood Stallion Performance Testing in Flyinge, Sweden. The Licensing Committee announced Sankt Erik II as winner at a Gala party held in Lund, Sweden, on 1 March 2013.
Bred and owned by the Strömqvist family of Forty Invest AB, the chestnut stallion Sankt Erik II is by Johnson out of Weuchette (by Weltmeyer x Amiral) and was ridden at the testing by Ida-Linn Lundholm. The colt improved throughout the testing and made a good impression under test rider Theo Hanzon. The second test rider, Hella Kuntz, wanted the stallion to carry himself more under saddle.
The committee praised the colt: "a light mover, elastic and balanced gaits with good self-carriage, positive and willing to work."
The approved dressage stallions passing the 2013 Swedish testing are:
- Certus NL (SWB), by Zuidenwind x Figaro R - Breeder & Owner: Bengt Nilsson
- Don Primus (OLD), by Don Primero x Sandro Hit - Breeder & Owner: Paul Schockemohle
- Edison O (KWPN), by Johnson x Rousseau - Breeder: P Oosterbosch - Owner: Bjorkas
- Gustav (SWB), by Damino SD x Rambo - Breeder & Owner: Per Holmestrand
- Lynch Bages (HANN), by Londontime x Cordoba - Breeder: D&H Osmers - Owner: Helena Lindmark
- Qurinell (SWB), by Quaterback x Ampere - Breeder & Owner: Sundsmala Gard
- Sankt Erik II (SWB), by Johnson x Weltmeyer - Breeder & Owner: Forty Invest AB
- Snap Shot (HANN), by Sir Donnerhall I x Alabaster - Breeder: K. Beirholm - Owner: Calista Holding
Photo © Ridehesten
Hanzon Hired as Test Rider for 2013 Swedish Stallion Performance Testing
Zaladin MI Wins 2012 Swedish Warmblood Stallion Performance Testing
Fifteen Stallions Approved after 2011 Swedish Warmblood Stallion Performance Test
Damino SD Wins 2009 Swedish Warmblood Performance Test
Figaro R Wins the 2005 Swedish Warmblood Stallion Testing