$500,000 Donation Supports Dressage Canada High Performance Priorities
Dressage Canada (DC) recently received a donation of $500,000 from a private donor in support of DC High Performance priorities, recently identified at the DC High Performance Summit in Florida.
This generous donation, spread equally over the next four years, will support the development and implementation of high performance priorities geared to establishing programs that will see Canadian dressage athletes achieve podium success at the Olympic level.
These priorities are:
- Leadership (Equine Canada, Technical Advisor / Chef d'Equipe, Regional Talent Scouts, Personal Coaches);
- Recognition (Breeders /Owners/ Sponsors);
- Talent Identification and Skill Development;
- Squad Lists (Dynamic Short & Long Listing rankings)
- Competition Exposure (European Tours, International Team Competitions, National Championships); and
- Integrated Support Team Services (Veterinarian, Farrier, Sport Therapists);
The DC Fundraising Committee will continue to develop opportunities to secure additional financial resources to support these priorities.
Photo © Astrid Appels
Equine Canada Releases One Vision Strategic Plan for 2013-2018
Sarah Bradley Reappointed Chair of Dressage Canada Board
Equine Canada Sport Council Working Group Completes Review of Dressage Canada
Small Turnout at 2013 CDI Rockwood in Canada