Eskara de Jeu Wins 2012 KWPN Mare Championship
The 3-year old chestnut Dutch warmblood mare Eskara de Jeu was named winner of the 2012 KWPN Mare Championship held at the 2012 KWPN Paardendagen in Ermelo, The Netherlands, on Friday 17 August 2012. Ten mares were selected for the Championship ring in which Eskara de Jeu was put in front.
"It's a mare with a very good body which always pushes from behind," Arie Hamoen, president of the ground jury, commented on the champion.
Eskara de Jeu is by Jazz out of keur preferent mare Okara (by Jetset D). She is bred by Emmy de Jeu, who sold a majority share in the chestnut filly to Harald Meijer and Margreet De Boer when Eskara was still a foal.
"They are very good friends who took care of a few mares of mine for a few years and they bought two foals. Donnee de Jeu became Drenthe Regional champion last week in the 4-year old division and now this success at the National Mare Show," an ecstatic Emmy de Jeu told Eurodressage.
Eskara faced a lot of competion from reserve champion Edorijke (by Ampere out of elite mare Tadorijke (by Krack C)). She is bred by W Pansier and owned by Joop van Uytert and Belgian J. Reimer. Edorijke stood out with her very beautiful conformation and beautiful front.
Eos Utopia (by Ampere out of keur mare Why O Me Utopia (by Negro)) finished third. This Belgian bred and owned mare has a very good movement technique and much power.
Results - 2012 KWPN Mare Championship
- 1. Eskara de Jeu (by Jazz x Jetset D) - Emmy de Jeu, Harald Meijer, Margreet de Boer
- 2. Edorijke (by Ampere x Krack C) - Joop van Uytert, J Reimer (BEL)
- 3. Eos Utopia (Ampere x Negro) - H van Gils (BEL)
- 4. Erludine (by Jazz x Ferro) - T Heerkans, J van Wanrooij
- 5. Evita (by Rhodium x Juventus) - P van Gorkum-de Jong
- 6. Esina (by Jazz x Farrington) - Th. Willig
- 7. Elegance (by Ziesto x Gouverneur) - Tim Coomans
- 8. Exclusive Time (by Apache x Flemmingh) - Ad Valk, S Verhoeven
- 9. Ellegantrasse Texel (by Jazz x Alcatraz) - W van der Linde
- 10. Eloise U (by Apache x Trento B) - N de Graaf