Jack Sparrow, Briljant, Apache Win Third Leg of 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition
Jack Sparrow, Briljant and Apache were the winners of the third leg of the 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition which took place at Indoor Veendam in Zuidbroek, The Netherlands, on Thursday 29 December 2011. Both Jack Sparrow and Apache have book their third consecutive victory on this show circuit and are leaders in the provisional ranking for the Finals which take place at the 2012 KWPN Stallion Licensing.
Edward Gal and the 4-year old German bred Jack Sparrow (by Johnson x Wolkentanz II) were unbeatable in the L-level division. Bred by H. Schmidgall and owned by Carolyn de Roo, the black stallion scored 86.5 points and impressed with his canter work. Spanish Severo Jurado Lopez rode Gert Jan van Olst's dark bay Chippendale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro) to a second place with 85 points.
The M-level division was won by Diederik van Silfhout on the slightly old-fashioned but extremely rideable and obedient Briljant (by Uphill x Darlington). The combination scored 79 points and were followed closely by Stephanie Dorr on Bojengel (by Uptown x Gribaldi), a gorgeous bay stallion which misses some scope and suspension in his gaits. The winner of the first two rounds, Bon Bravour (by Painted Black x Chronos) was unable to compete in Zuidbroek as the stallion got injured at the show.
"When we arrived Bravie slipped on the very slippery ground of the stables there," said Bon Bravour's rider Tom Franckx-Goen. The dark bay stallion was immediately trailered to the vet for an inspection and sustained only a minor injury. "Everything will be fine with my little man and that's most important," Franckx added.
The grand champion of the Zuidbroek show was Emmelie Scholtens who won the Z-level division aboard Apache (by UB40 x Krack C) with a staggering score of 90.5 points. The dark bay stallion scored a 10 for trot and a 9.5 for canter and potential. Theo Hanzon and the elegant Amazing Star (by Flemmingh x Ferro) finished second with 78.5 points.
The fourth and final leg of the 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition will take place in Deurne on 18 January 2012.
Photo © Astrid Appels
Results - 2011 KWPN Stallion Competition - Zuidbroek
- 1. Edward Gal - Jack Sparrow (by Johnson x Wolkentanz II) - 86.5 points
- 2. Severo Jurado Lopez - Chippendale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro) - 85 points
- 3. Mirelle van Kemenade Witlox - Cachet L (by Jazz x Ferro) - 83 points
- 4. Hans Peter Minderhoud - Vitalis (by Vivaldi x D-Day) - 81 points
- 5. Philip van Ommen - Chagall (by Jazz x De Niro) - 77 points
- 6. Vai Bruntink - Charming Mood (by Winningmood x Contango) - 76 points
- 1. Diederik van Silfhout - Briljant (by Uphill x Darlington) - 79 points
- 2. Stephanie Dorr - Bojengel (by Uptown x Gribaldi) - 77 points
- 3. Kirsten Beckers - Bristol (by Jazz x Goodtimes) - 74.5 points
- 1. Emmelie Scholtens - Apache (by UB40 x Krack C) - 90.5 points
- 2. Theo Hanzon - Amazing Star (by Flemmingh x Ferro) - 78.5 points
- 3. John Tijssen - Armani (by United x Jazz) - 78 points
Jack Sparrow, Bon Bravour and Apache Win Second Leg of 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition in Roosendaal
Jack Sparrow, Bon Bravour and Apache Win First Leg of 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition in Hengelo