Jack Sparrow, Bon Bravour and Apache Win First Leg of 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition in Hengelo
Jack Sparrow, Bon Bravour and Apache were the winning stallions in the first leg of the 2011-2012 KWPN Stallion Competition, which started on 30 November 2011 in Hengelo, The Netherlands. Few stallions competed at the first show, though the 4-year old L-level class was quite filled with nine combinations. The tests were judged by Cor Loeffen, Jan Enne Kloosterboer and Johan Hamminga.
Edward Gal and the Baden Wurttemberger licensed Jack Sparrow (by Johnson x Wolkentanz II x Don Primero) booked their first show victory together as a pair. The black Johnson x Wolkentanz II stallion scored 85 points which put him in first place. The Spanish Severo Jurado Lopez and the bay KWPN stallion Chippendale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro) were second with 80.5 points. Both top stallions excelled in trot and canter, but were poor in walk, either lacking in ground cover or relaxation.
"We're proud of our Jack's very first victory," said Gal's business partner Nicole Werner.
Belgian Tom Franckx-Goen and the Dutch owned KWPN stallion Bon Bravour (by Painted Black x Chronos x Linards) continued their winning ways in the KWPN Stallion Competition circuit like last year by topping the leaderboard in Hengelo with 84.5 points. The pair was a league of their own and beat Stefanie Dors on Bojengel (by Uptown x Gribaldi x Lector) on 76.5 points.
"I'm so proud of Bravour," said Tom Franckx. "Once again he give it his all for me."
The Z-level (Fourth) class featured stallions born in 2004 as well as 2005 which meant the class was split up in two levels (ZZ-licht, ZZ-zwaar). Emmelie Scholtens steered the dark bay Apache (by UB40 x Krack C x Inspekteur) to victory with 88 points. The combination were strong in trot and canter, but the walk lacked in ground cover. Hans Peter Minderhoud and Zizi Top (by Tango x Ferro x Officier) returned to the show ring to finish second with 83.5 points. The bright bay stallion was very solid in all three gaits, earning 9 for trot and 8 for walk and canter.
Photo © Esmee van Gijtenbeek
Results 2011 KWPN Stallion Competition - First Leg Hengelo
- 1. Edward Gal - Jack Sparrow (by Johnson x Wolkentanz II) - 85 points
- 2. Severo Jurado Lopez - Chippendale (by Lord Leatherdale x Negro) - 80.5 points
- 3. Jonna Schelstraete - Chicago (by Vivaldi x Montecristo) - 78 points
- 4. Mirelle van Kemenade - Cachet L (by Jazz x Ferro) - 77.5 points
- 5. Hans Peter Minderhoud - Vitalis (by Vivaldi x D-Day) - 75.5 points
- 6. Theo Hanzon - Cadans (by Sir Donnerhall I x Pion) - 75 points
- 7. Stephanie Peters - Cennin (by Vivaldi x Donnerhall) - 74.5 points
- 8. Philip van Ommen - Chagall (by Jazz x De Niro) - 71 points
- 9. Vai Bruntink - Charming Mood (by Winningmood x Contango) - 69 points
- 1. Tom Franckx Goen - Bon Bravour (by Painted Black x Chronos) - 84.5 points
- 2. Stefanie Dors - Bojengel (by Uptown x Gribaldi) - 76.5 points
- 3. Kirsten Beckers - Bristol (by Jazz x Goodtimes - 72.5 points
- 4. Jana Freund - Delamanga (by Dr. Jackson x Heraldik xx) - 68 points.
- 1. Emmelie Scholtens - Apache (by UB40 x Krack C) - 88 points
- 2. Hans Peter Minderhoud - Zizi Top (by Tango x Ferro) - 83.5 points
- 3. Theo Hanzon - Amazing Star (by Flemmingh x Ferro) - 82 points
- 4. Jana Freund - Demirel (by Dimaggio x Hill Hawk xx) - 81 points
- 5. John Tijssen - Armani (by United x Jazz) - 73.5 points
- 6. Kim van de Velden - Adamo M (by Sandreo x Pion) - 72.5