For the Benefit of Therapeutic Riding in Germany: Charity auction on Ebay.de
Unique possibility: things you can’t buy but purchase by auction in the internet. This December German association for disabled riders (Deutsches Kuratorium fuer Therapeutisches Reiten e.V.) has made up a charity auction for the benefit of those who need therapeutic riding but cannot afford to pay for the sessions (German health system does not pay for therapeutic riding). Germany’s top riders were only too willing to support this outstanding idea. They chose rare memorabilia that remind them of the splendid days at the 2006 World Equestrian Games in Aachen. Besides these unique memorabilia top trainers and event managers donated training sessions and V.I.P packages for horse shows such as the Leipzig World Cup qualifier in January 2007.
The auctions will take place between November 27th and December 20th. The first two spectacular offers are the gloves that dressage world champion Isabell Werth wore at her breathtaking ride in the Aachen Grand Prix Special that gained her the individual gold medal. Showjumper Ludger Beerbaum, bronze team medalist at this year’s WEG and individual 5th, gave a pair of front boots of the kind his mount L’Espoir wore at the WEG. Of course, Beerbaum did not forget to sign the boots. People interested in these auctions should go to the German website of ebay (www.ebay.de) and enter „dkthr“ in the search function.
List of the article you may bid for:
- The gloves legendary four-in-hand driver and former world champion Michael Freund waved his final good bye with on his final lap of honours in Aachen.
- A one day training session with US national dressage coach Klaus Balkenhol.
- A one day training session with Germany’s legendary showjumper Heinrich-Wilhelm (Kaiser) Johannsmann. (auction start November 30).
- Participate at a 2-day-eventing-clinic with Germany’s top eventer Andreas Dibowksi who claimed the title in the Jeep Big Four Trophy and was the most successfull three-day-eventer in 2006.
- Otto Becker retired his sensational grey Dobel’s Cento in Aachen. You have the chance to bid for a saddle pad and a show blanket. Otto Becker also gave five special fan t-shirts with Dobel’s Cento writing signed by Olympic team champion Otto Becker.
- Boots of the kind that Ludger Beerbaum’s L’Espoir wore at the WEG 2006 signed by Ludger Beerbaum.
- The gloves Isabell Werth wore on her way to the individual gold medal in Aachen.
- A day behind the scenes of the Partner Pferd international horseshow in Leipzig in January 2007. This price is given by the organisers EN GARDE Marketing.
- EQUITANA backstage – watch the spectacular show acts of the world’s biggest horse fair warm up.
- Enjoy the German Friendship-Show as the exclusive V.I.P. guest of the organising committee.
- The helmet that has been everywhere: Ingrid Klimke’s cross country helmet that she wore in Sydney, Athens and Aachen.
- Frank Ostholt, who belonged to the gold team in Aachen and won the CCI**** Luhmuehlen, gave his helmet cover!
- You can leave your hat on… Eventing team world champion Hinrich Romeike gave his slip with the German flag on. Exciting!
- Germany’s legendary showjumper Hans Guenter Winkler has reissued his biography „Halla, meine Pferde und ich“ (in German). In this auction you have the opportunity to purchase the first three copies signed by Hans Guenter Winkler (auction start on November 27, December 4 and 11)
For more information on the DKThR check the website www.dkthr.de (in German language). Or contact: Deutsches Kuratorium für Therapeutisches Reiten, Freiherr-von-Langen-Straße 8a, D-48231 Warendorf, phone +49 2581 9 27 91 90.
Photo copyrighted: Astrid Appels / Eurodressage