The Spanish equestrian federation has released the names of the Grand Prix riders submitted to a "High Performance Group" at the beginning of the 2020 Olympic year.
Spain qualified a team for the 2020 Olympic Games and will therefore be picked three team riders and one traveling reserve to go to Tokyo.
From this High Performance Group a "long list" will be drafted between 15 - 29 February 2020. The short list for the Olympics will be named between 15-30 May.
Spanish Olympic team candidates will go into training camp on 8 - 14 July 2020, and the Games themselves will take place on 24 - 29 July 2020.
The Spanish equestrian federation (RFHE) has included 12 combinations into this High Performance Group but new combinations can be added depending on the riders' performances this spring show season.
- Beatriz Ferrer-Salat - Delgado / Elegance
- Severo Jurado Lopez - Fiontini
- Claudio Castilla Ruiz - Alcaide / Icaro
- Juan Matute Guimon - Quantico / Don Diego
- Jose Antonio Garcia Mena - Benzi Landro
- Juan Antonio Jimenez - Euclides MOR
- Jordi Domingo - Dolman / Sonata
- Jose Daniel Martin Dockx - Manchego ARB
- José Raga - Dark Jazz
- Cristobal Belmonte Roldan - Diavolo de Laubry
- Alejandro Asencio - Focus
- Alfonso Exposito - Estoque
Photo © Astrid Appels
Short Listed Riders for Spanish Team for 2019 European Dressage Championships
Jordi Domingo and Sonata DSH on Song at 2019 CDI Segovia
Juan Antonio Jimenez in Winning Mood with Euclides MOR and Grison at 2019 CDI Seville
Jurado Lopez Withdraws Fiontini from 2019 CDIO Uggerhalne
Beatriz Ferrer-Salat Win 2019 Spanish Grand Prix Championships