The Austrian equestrian federation (OEPS) has made their selection of horses that will represent Austria at the 2019 World Championships for Young Dressage Horses in Ermelo, The Netherlands, on 1 - 4 August 2019.
Based on the performances of the horses at a selection trial held at equestrian centre Gutenhof on 24 - 25 June 2019, the Austrian selectors picked six horses in total for three age categories.
The Austrian horses for Ermelo are:
- Tamara Michei - Diamond of Eternity (WESTF, by Diamond Hit x August der Starke), owned by Sissy Max-Theurer
- Manuel Springhetti with Jaristo (KWPN, by Dream Boy x Nourejev), owned by Helgstrand Dressage
- reserve 1: Belinda Weinbauer - Francois (WESTF, by Franziskus x First Final), owned by Winter & Sifkovits
- reserve 2: Stephanie Dearng - Gioello (OLD, by Grey Flanell x Laureus), owned by Ruth Wimpissinger-Kerky
(editor's note on 10 Juky 2019: on 25 June it was originally announced that Dearing and Gioello were first reserves, OEPS never posted an official release with the selected horses, nor the scores achieved by the horses at the trial)
- Peter Gmoser - Don Jon (OLD, by Don Juan de Hus x Benetton Dream), owned by Peter Gmoser
- Wolfgang Himsl - Duracao (HANN, by Dimaggio x Argentinus), owned by Sissy Max-Theurer
- reserve: Martin Hauptmann - Don Fredericos Wolkentänzer (by Don Frederico x Weltmeyer), owned by Manuel Segel
- Florian Zimmermann - Happiness Returns C (KWPN, by Jazz x Flemmingh), owned by Elahe Ramezani and Andreas Helgstrand
- Stefanie Dearing - Facilone (HANN, by Furstenball x De Niro), owned by Ruth Wimpissinger-Kerky
- Reserve: Stephanie Dearing - Roi du Coeur (OLD, by Roi du Soleil x Don Gregory), owned by Pferde von Auheim GmbH
Photo © Petra Kerschbaum
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2019 World Young Horse Championships