The KWPN stallion licensing committee has made a late addition of 14 colts to the lot allowed to appear in the second phase of the 2019 KWPN Stallion Licensing to be held in 's Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands, on 30 January - 2 February 2019.
After five days of pre-selection, the KWPN society held a "second chance" day on 10 December 2018, where colts could be re-presented if the owners disagreed with the initial verdict or for colts who failed to appear on their normal pre-selection day for various reasons.
Twenty-five colts were presented on Monday 10 December. Twelve 2.5 year olds and two older sport stallions, small tour horses All at Once (by Ampere) and Crosby (by Chippendale), were through. The older stallions have proven themselves in sport and are immediately invited to the third phase.
Governor (by Totilas) and Grand Galaxy Win (by Apache) became the top producer of the pre-selection days as they got no less than 8 colts moving on to the second phase. Two of the Grand Galaxy's were accepted on 10 December.
On the official pre-selection days ninety-two 2.5 year olds were selected and one older stallion. With the 14 colts from the second chance pre-selection, the grand total for the second phase is 107 colts. That is 9 less than at the 2018 licensing.
The colts passing on the second chance day are:
- Le Grand Ayden HB (by Grand Galaxy Win x Uphill)
- n.n. (by Bordeaux x Sir Donnerhall)
- Lord Diamond (by Daily Diamond x Scandic)
- Lord Vrijenesse (by Ferdeaux x Sandro Hit)
- First Date (by Furstenball x Dancier)
- Latino (by Toto Jr x Rubiquil)
- Lugano (by Governor x Johnson)
- Livingstone (by Grand Galaxy Win x Furst Romancier)
- Legacy S (by Hennesst x Trento B)
- n.n. (by Millennium x Donnerball)
- n.n. (by Morricone x Sir Donnerhall)
- Legend (by Desperado x Ehrentusch)
Photo © Digishots
Ninety-Two Colts Accepted on Pre-Selection Days for 2019 KWPN Stallion Licensing
Thirty-Nine Colts Accepted at First Two 2019 KWPN Licensing Pre-Selection Days
Governor, Top Producer for 2019 KWPN Stallion Licensing Pre-Selection Days