The French equestrian federation (FFE) and national team trainer and selector Jan Bemelmans have announced the riders who have been submitted to the Grand Prix A-team for 2017. In France, the A-team is defined as Group JO/JEM, referring to Olympic and WEG potential.
The owners of the horses submitted to the A-team get special support from the federation in return for their collaboration to keep the horses available for French top sport. The JO/JEM Group has as goal to keep the horses in French ownership for the 2018 World Equestrian Games and 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
JO/JEM Team listed riders have to join the programme set by the federation and its technical staff. The FFE invests in those combinations with special training, support at shows and the horses can get extra bonuses based on their performances.
The 2017 French Grand Prix A-Team (JO/JEM) includes:
- After You, owned by Ludovic and Giorgia Henry, ridden byLudovic Henry
- Amorak, owned by Stéphanie et Dominique Brieussel, ridden by Stéphanie Brieussel
- Badinda Altena, owned and ridden by Pierre Volla
- Ciska van Weltevreden, owned and ridden by Barbara Clément Klinger
- Dickens, owned and ridden by Virginie Gauthier
- Don Luis, owned by Karen Tebar, Gerhild et Willy Schetter, ridden by Karen Tebar
- Ginsengue, owned by Nicole et Jean-Marc Favereau, ridden by Nicole Favereau
- Ricardo, owned and ridden by Karen Tebar
- Ultrablue de Massa, owned by Anne-Sophie Bernard de la Gatinais, ridden by Arnaud Serre
French Grand Prix Squad Riders Invited to Team Training Seminar in Le Mans
Favereau and Ginsengue Submitted to French A-Team
French Team Selection for 2015 European Dressage Championships Not Without Controversy
Ayache and Lights of Londonderry Submitted to French A-Dressage Team
Jan Bemelmans Hired as French Team Trainer