The Hanoverian stallion licensing committee approved seventeen dressage bred colts at the 2016 Hanoverian spring licensing in Verden, Germany, on 29 April 2016, where 3-year old and older stallions were presented under saddle.
The spring saddle licensing for Hanoverian is mainly an approval of non-Hanoverian bred stallions. This year many of the participating stallions had already completed their stallion performance testing.
Thirty-four stallions were entered for the 2016 Hanoverian Spring Saddle licensing. Six dropped out before the licensing, including Schockemohle's three colts Feinrich (by Furst Heinrich x Sir Donnerhall), For Romance II (by Furst Romancier x Sir Donnerhall), and Furst Jazz (by Furst Romancier x Painted Black).
Six were not approved, including Londonbeat's Harmony (by Londontime x Don Marcello) and Flash Back (by Franziskus x Sir Donnerhall).
The licensed dressage stallions are:
- Helium (by Millenium x Induc) - owner: Gestüt Staffelde
- Da Costa (by Dimaggio x Coriander) - owner: Landgestüt Celle
- De Sandro (by Decurio x Samba Hit) - owner: Dressurhengste Schleier
- Freischutz (by Foundation x Del Martin) - owner: Helgstrand Dressage
- Ben Benicio (by Benicio x Hochadel) - owner: LG Neustadt/ Dosse t
- Dumbledore (by Dream Boy x Sandro Hit) - owner: Landgestüt Celle
- N.N. (by Don Nobless x Sir Donnerhall) - owner: Herbert Kruse
- N.N. (by Benicio x Le Primeur) - owner: Hermann Jürgen Rump
- Asgard’s Ibiza (by Desperado x Jazz ) - owner: Vasko Janke
- Morricone (by Millenium x Rubin-Royal) - owner: Gestüt Bonhomme
- N.N. (by Swarovski x Wolkentanz ) - owner: Gaus
- Bon Amour Cuivre (by Benetton Dream x Stedinger) - owner: Claus Quast
- N.N. (by Danone I x Hohenstein) - owner: Burkhard Wahler
- Royal Side S (by Royal Classic x Riverside) - owner: Tobias Schnöink
- Dreamline (by Don Olymbrio x Hotline ) - owner: Blue Hors
- Don Romanov (by Don Schufro x Romanov) - owner: Landgestüt Celle
- Franklin (by Ampere x Ferro) - owner: BG Witte & Helgstrand
Photo © Christina Beuke
Nine Dressage Stallions Accepted at 2015 Hanoverian Under Saddle Licensing
Four Stallions Approved at 2012 Hanoverian Under Saddle Licensing
Ten Stallions Approved at 2012 Hanoverian Under Saddle Stallion Licensing
Six Stallions Approved at 2011 Hanoverian Under Saddle Licensing