The Danish selection committee picked nine horses for the long list at the second observation trial for Danish horses vying for a team spot for the 2014 World Young Horse Championships. The second trial was supposed to take place at Noagaard in Skaelskoer, Denmark, on 9 May 2014 but moved to Atterupgaard last minute.
Judge Birthe Lyder assessed the 5 and 6-year olds and made a selection of combinations to add to the long list.
The qualified horses at the Atterupgaard trial are:
- Hot Question (by Hotline x Londonderry) - Gitte Happel
- Strækningens Delmondo (by De Noir x Micehllino) - Katrine Sandholt Møller
- Atterupgaards Capirossi (by Caprimond x Stedinger) - Selina Hundstuen Solberg
- Zaza Diawind (by Don Schufro x Zardin) - Karoline Skøt
- Uno Double Cream (by Don Diablo x Weltmeyer) - Thomas Lassen
- Broholms Don Sure (by Don Schufro x Future Cu) - Caroline Hartmann
- Chadunno (by Champion For Pleasure x Aljano) - Sabrina Hesselhede
- Rossetti (by Romanov x Midt-West Ibi-Light) - Jan Christensen
- Atterupgaards Minaia (by Stedinger x Lord Sinclair) - Selina Hundstuen Solberg
Sixteen horses have now been added to the long list after two observation trials. The list will be extended with those horses, that already stood out last year at the national championships or World Young Horse Championships.
All long-listed horses will now take part in three observation and selection sessions to be held in Vilhelmsborg on 17 and 31 May and on 14 June 2014 before the final team is nominated.
Photo © Ridehesten
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2014 World Young Horse Championships
Eight Horses Long-Listed after First 2014 Danish WCYH Observation Trial
New Danish Selection Process for 2014 World Young Horse Championships