The United States Equestrian Federation (USEF) has named four combinations to the U.S. Dressage Team for the 2013 CDIO 5* Aachen in Germany on 26 - 30 June 2013. Additionally, two small tour combinations will be competing in the CDI4*. For the first time United States will also be represented Under 25 competition.
The U.S. Team for the CDIO-leg of the competition includes:
- Jan Ebeling (Moorpark, CA) on Ann Romney, Amy Ebeling, and Beth Meyers’ Rafalca, a 1997 Oldenburg mare
- Shelly Francis (Loxahatchee, FL) on Patricia Stempel’s Doktor, a 2003 Oldenburg gelding
- Tina Konyot (Palm City, FL) on her own Calecto V, a 1998 Danish Warmblood stallion
- Steffen Peters (San Diego, CA) on Four Winds Farm’s Legolas, a 2002 Westphalian gelding
All four combinations have been awarded grants from the USEF for European competition, with funding for the grants made possible by the USET Foundation. Learn more about the grants here.
Two combinations will take part in the small tour competition in the Aachen CDI4*
- Shelly Francis (Loxahatchee, FL) on Patricia Stempel’s Danilo, a 2004 Hanoverian gelding
- Caroline Roffman (Wellington, FL) on her own Her Highness O, a 2003 Hanoverian mare
One combination will make history in the CDI-U25 as first U.S. combination to compete in Aachen at this level:
- Caroline Roffman (Wellington, FL) on Hyperion Farm, Inc’s Sagacious HF, a 1999 Royal Dutch Warmblood gelding
Photo © Sue Stickle