The United States Equestrian Federation has released the final rankings containing the names of the horses which are qualified to compete at the 2012 World Young Horse Championships in Verden, Germany, on 1 - 5 August 2012. The U.S.A. is eligible to send two horses per age division and a third reserve horse can be named as well.
U.S. owned horses had to score 7.8 on average or higher to be nominated for Verden. Two qualifiers were held this year. One on the West Coast, where only three horses competed, and a bigger one on the East coast in Leesburg, VA, where a larger group attended the event.
German based Jennifer Hoffmann qualified her horses by riding at the Bundeschampionate selection trials in Unna-Massen and Coesfeld.
In the 5-year old division, the top ranked horses are:
- 1. Lientje Schueller - Regalo (by Rosario x Nandino) - owner by Pinky Roberts
Score average: 8.168
- 2. Craig Stanley - Caliente DG (by OO Seven x Contango) - owned by Brenda Linman
Score average: 7.920
- reserve: not indicated
In the 6-year old division, the top ranked horses
- 1. Sabine Schut-Kery - Sanceo (by San Remo x Ramiro's Son II) - owned by Alice Womble
Score average: 8.652
- 2. Jennifer Hoffman - Florentinus (by Florestan x Londonderry) - owned by Jennifer Hoffman
Score average: 8.500
- reserve: Jennifer Hoffman - Insterntanz (by Insterburg x Ehrentanz) - owned by Jennifer Hoffman
Score average: 8.300
" We did it ! Florentinus and I have qualified for the World Championships of Young Dressage Horses. This will be our second year representing USA," said an ecstatic Jennifer Hoffman. "I am so very happy with the amazing progress this wonderful stallion has made, I am looking forward to the Championship in August."
Photo © Mary Phelps / Phelpsphotos.com
Eurodressage Coverage of the 2012 World Young Horse Championships
Regalo and Sanceo Win West Coast WCYH Selection Trial at 2012 CDI Flintridge
Caliente DG and Sanceo Take Lead on Day One at 2012 CDI Flintridge
Florentinus and Flynn Win 2012 Bundeschampionate Qualifier in Unna-Massen