At the Oldenburg stallion pre-selection in Vechta on 12 January 2012 twelve colts were picked by the stallion licensing committee to participate in the inaugural 2012 Oldenburg Spring Saddle Licensing on 30 March 2012.
The Oldenburg breed society will be testing a new concept for the stallion licensing and the spring licensing in March will be the first stallion approval applying new selection criteria in two phases.
For the first phase the colts will have to do a 1-day performance test (on 29 March 2012) which includes free jumping, presentation of the gaits under saddle and a rideability test by a guest judge rider. The second phase (on 30 March 2012) will be the traditional assessment on hard-surface, in the triangle arena and walk in-hand.
The colts allowed at the spring licensing are 3-year old colts which have never appeared at a licensing before or 4-year olds which haven't been assessed yet but have completed a 30- or 70-day stallion performance testing.
The owners have the possibility to sell their stallion at the 2012 Vechta Spring Elite Auction on 31 March 2012.
Approximately fifty colts were presented at the pre-selection yesterday and twelve were picked for the actual licensing. They are:
- 32 Florestan I x Rubinstein I x Weltmeyer
- 34 Bennetton Dream x Don Schufro
- 42 Doolittle x Sir Oldenburg x Carprilli
- 53 Furst Nymphenburg x Lauries Crusador xx x Weltmeyer
- 54 Furst Nymphenburg x Sandro Hit x Lauries Crusador xx
- 56 Fürst Romancier x Hohenstein x Donnerhall
- 60 Lordanos x Contendro I x Sandro Hit
- 61 Romanov x Sion x Pik Bube I
- 66 San Amour x Rohdiamant x Grundstein II
- 71 Sir Donnerhall x Friedensfürst/T x Rocher D'Or
- 76 Zack x Royaldik x Lord Sinclair I
- 81 Damon Hill x Laomedon x Rosenkavalier
- 37 Christ x Royal Diamond x Sandro Song
- 39 Don Diamond x Wall Street x Germanist xx
- 59 Just Perfect x Donnerschwee x Akzent II
- 64 San Amour x Wolfgang x Heros
- 65 San Amour x Harvard x Canaster I
Photo © Astrid Appels
For Romance 2011 Oldenburg Licensing Champion, Tight Junction Steals the Show
On the Scene at the 2010 Oldenburg Stallion Licensing